Wednesday, December 21, 2011

2011 Carving Year in Review

Hard to believe that another year is working its way into the history books.  It has been an interesting year in many ways but my purpose today is to look back at my carvings for 2011.  This has been the year when I returned to carving and have begun to refine my skills.  I had tinkered with carving back in the early nineties but never had the time to devote to it.  The tools sat in a box and I pondered getting rid of them many times.  Mostly when it was time to move and we moved several times between 1996 and 2002.  For some reason I did not and it has turned out to be a happy turn of events.

Here is a generous cross section of my projects in 2011.


This Santa is made from a wooden spool and has had some jingle bells added.


Santa ornament carved from a wooden egg.


Santa carved from an antique loom spool.  These were used for weaving fabric.


Here is a whole group of Santa ornaments being finished.


Here is another group.


 How about a hillbilly Santa.


Everyone needs a Santa Spoon.


Yep, More Santas.


Cat Ornament.  (Blaze - Laughing Cat)


Santa Spoon with a twist.


Santa Spoon yet another version


Old world version (This is one the few of my carvings that is not my pattern).


Happy Santa


I do carve things other than Santas, here are a couple of angels.


Here is a cross I carved for a gift.

More to come look for part two of this post in the next few days.

Keep carving.

Bruce





No comments:

Post a Comment